Sunday, August 22, 2010

First day: Gio





Hello my name is Giovanni. I was given the opportunity to come and meet new people and to learn leadership skills. I am here because someone saw the things that I am capable of doing and recomended me to attend OMLI. I decided to come so I could go through a new experience. I'm a very shy person and that is one of my main goals to conquer on this trip.


The first day we arrived I was nervous for what was to come. I noticed that there were a couple of people that I had already known and others that I had seen around school so I was more relaxed. Right from the start things started getting fun. I was getting along with the staff and other students very well.



We played many games the first day, it was a day were people could start to get used to the daily things. Most people were showing leadership but I was really shy to speak. When Miguel and (two of the mentors for my group) told us to not be scared and come out of our comfort zone and step up I tried my best and started to talk little by little. Eventually that day I was talking more and I even lead a game I knew.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment